2014 Minnesota Rural Health Conference
Please join us for our 2015 Conference, June 29-30, 2015 in Duluth at the DECC. We will send out RFPs for session presentations in January, 2015. Add your name to the mailing list for email updates.
"Weaving the Threads of Rural Health"
June 23-24, 2014: The presenters and keynote speakers addressed timely and relevant topics related to rural health care under the Conference theme of "Weaving the Threads of Rural Health." The Conference invited rural health stakeholders to discover the promising practices and reform happening in health care. Session topics discussed a variety of settings, including: Promising practices in Minnesota; Tools & resources; Operational effectiveness; Innovative collaboration & partnerships; and Patient access & engagement. The Conference featured innovative local and state solutions to challenges, while encouraging informed and visionary leadership for the future. On top of learning objectives, the Conference gave rural health stakeholders the opportunity to network with peers, engage in crucial conversations, and share discovered innovations.
Our 2014 Conference had over 510 participants, including:
- Rural hospital, long-term care, behavioral health, rural health clinic and community-based service administrators, staff and volunteers
- Rural health professionals, including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, allied health professionals and educators
- Rural dentists and pharmacists
- Rural Health Advisory Committee (RHAC) members
- Rural Hospital Flexibility Committee (FLEX) members
- Elected and appointed officials including county commissioners and state legislators
- Federal, state and local government public health staff
- Policy analysts, researchers and students interested in rural health issues
- Health plan representatives
- Community leaders and activists
- Rural health care consumers
- Health professions students
- Other partners in rural health