Minnesota Rural Health Awards
Nomination Form: 2021 Minnesota Rural Health Awards Nomination Form (PDF Document - 6 pages)
The Minnesota Rural Health Awards are given to individuals and groups who have made a significant contribution to improving rural health in Minnesota. The awards will be announced on National Rural Health Day, November 18, 2021.
Nominations are due Friday, August 27 for the three annual Minnesota Rural Health Awards:
- Hero Award – one person
- Team Award – a team or group of people
- Lifetime Achievement Award – one person towards the “end” of their career
Nominees may have contributed to rural health in any capacity: through a volunteer or paid position, as a health care provider or non-provider, in policy or through practice. Areas of impact could include but are not limited to: health care and health programs, rural health policy, legislation, the advancement of the field, improved patterns of health care delivery, cooperative efforts to avoid duplication of services and achieve common goals, education, and the lasting impact of a program on populations and areas served.
In addition to receiving an award, the rural health hero and the lifetime achievement recipients receive one full conference registration for the MN Rural Health Conference in June 2022. The rural health team receives two full conference registrations.
Please complete the following form and return it to email@example.com by Friday, August 27. You may include two additional 8 ½ x 11 pages (such as letters of support and/or news articles). No videos or DVDs will be accepted.
If you do NOT receive an email acknowledgment of receipt, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Form: 2021 MRHA Emerging Rural Health Leader Award Nomination Form (PDF Document - 5 pages)
- The emphasis of the award is on recognizing and holding-up as an example a health professional who demonstrates outstanding desire and effort in rural health leadership. A person willing to “lead the charge” for improving rural health and health care on a local, regional, or statewide basis. Someone recognized as an emerging leader on rural health issues.
- Must be actively employed by an organization that serves the health and/or health care needs of rural Minnesotans.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are new to the health professions or early in their health professional position, including students.
Answer Two Questions
- In 200 words or less, please describe how this nominee is an emerging rural health leader, particularly in the areas of collaboration and outreach. Please focus on ways in which this nominee has provided exemplary leadership in bringing others together and reaching out to strengthen rural health and health care. (20 possible points)
- In 200 words or less, please describe what the nominee has done to strengthen the health, health care or well-being of rural Minnesotans, particularly through advocacy. Please focus on ways in which this person has provided leadership through rural health advocacy, particularly in ways that have a broader regional or statewide impact. (20 possible points)
40 total possible points – A panel of MRHA judges will review all nominations. The MRHA will notify the award winner by Friday, September 10th. The person with the highest overall score will be recognized on National Rural Health Day, November 18, 2021. The awardee will also receive a complimentary registration for the 2022 Minnesota Rural Health Conference.
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, August 27th
Nominations must be received by midnight Friday; August 27th You may include two additional attachments such as letters of support and/or news articles. No videos or DVDs. All materials must be emailed to email@example.com by the deadline.
Questions? Contact Mark Jones at (218) 201-0098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.