The Minnesota Rural Health Awards and MRHA Emerging Health Leader Award are presented after Tuesday morning Keynote on June 18.
Minnesota Rural Health Awards
Nomination Form: 2019 Minnesota Rural Health Awards Nomination Form (PDF Document - 6 pages)
The Minnesota Rural Health Awards are given to individuals and groups who have made a significant contribution to improving rural health in Minnesota.
Nominations are due Friday, April 5 for the three annual Minnesota Rural Health Awards:
- Hero Award – one person
- Team Award – a team or group of people
- Lifetime Achievement Award – one person towards the "end" of their career
Nominees may have contributed to rural health in any capacity: through a volunteer or paid position, as a health care provider or non-provider, in policy or through practice. Areas of impact could include but are not limited to: health care and health programs, rural health policy, legislation, the advancement of the field, improved patterns of health care delivery, cooperative efforts to avoid duplication of services and achieve common goals, education, and the lasting impact of a program on populations and areas served.
In addition to receiving an award, the rural health hero and the lifetime achievement recipients receive one full conference registration and one hotel room for Monday night. The rural health team receives two full conference registrations and two hotel rooms for Monday night.
Please complete the nomination form and return it to email@example.com by Friday, April 5. You may include two additional 8 ½ x 11 pages (such as letters of support and/or news articles). No videos or DVDs will be accepted.
If you do not receive an email acknowledgment of receipt, please call Maria Rogness at (651) 201-3863.
MRHA Emerging Rural Health Leader Award
Nomination Form: 2019 MRHA Emerging Rural Health Leader Award Nomination Form (PDF Document - 5 pages)
- The emphasis of the award is on recognizing and holding up as an example a health profession student who demonstrates outstanding desire and effort in rural health leadership (i.e., a student willing to “lead the charge” for improving rural health and health care on a regional and/or statewide basis; seen as an emerging leader on rural health issues).
- Must be a student (any age) actively enrolled at a Minnesota public or private post-secondary school in a course of study or training for a health care profession (any) with declared intent to practice in and serve in rural Minnesota.
- Please include the name and current contact information of the nominee; in what school and course of study the nominee is enrolled; your name, position and contact information. (Note: The nominee should also be available to receive the award in Duluth the morning of June 18 at the Awards Breakfast.
40 total possible points - A panel of MRHA judges will review all nominations received by April 29. The MRHA will notify the award winner by Friday, May 10. The person with the highest overall score receives the Emerging Rural Health Leader Award plaque and a scholarship to the 2020 Minnesota Rural Health Conference. MRHA will also issue a news release recognizing the award winner.
Deadline for Nominations
The nomination deadline is Monday, April 29. You may include two additional 8 ½ x 11 pages (such as letters of support and/or news articles). No videos or DVDs. All materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Mark Jones at (218) 201-0098 or email@example.com.