Minnesota Rural Health Awards
Nomination Form: 2020 Minnesota Rural Health Awards Nomination Form (PDF Document - 6 pages)
The Minnesota Rural Health Awards are given to individuals and groups who have made a significant contribution to improving rural health in Minnesota. The awards will be presented during the 2020 Minnesota Rural Health Conference Awards Breakfast on Tuesday, June 16, in Duluth.
Nominations for the three annual Minnesota Rural Health Awards are due Monday, March 2, 2020. The three awards are:
- Hero Award – one person
- Team Award – a team or group of people
- Lifetime Achievement Award – one person towards the "end" of their career
Nominees may have contributed to rural health in any capacity: through a volunteer or paid position, as a health care provider or non-provider, in policy or through practice. Areas of impact could include but are not limited to: health care and health programs, rural health policy, legislation, the advancement of the field, improved patterns of health care delivery, cooperative efforts to avoid duplication of services and achieve common goals, education, and the lasting impact of a program on populations and areas served.
Please complete the following form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 2. You may include two additional 8 ½ x 11 pages (such as letters of support and/or news articles). No videos or DVDs will be accepted.
If you do not receive an email acknowledgment of receipt, please email Maria Rogness at email@example.com
MRHA Emerging Rural Health Leader Award
Nomination Form: 2020 MRHA Emerging Rural Health Leader Award Nomination Form (PDF Document - 1 page)
- The emphasis of the award is on recognizing and holding-up as an example a health profession student who demonstrates outstanding desire and effort in rural health leadership (i.e., a student willing to “lead the charge” for improving rural health and health care on a regional and/or statewide basis; seen as an emerging leader on rural health issues).
- Must be a student (any age) actively enrolled at a Minnesota public or private post-secondary school in a course of study or training for a health care profession (any) with declared intent to practice in and serve in rural Minnesota.
- Please include the name and current contact information of the nominee; in what school and course of study the nominee is enrolled; your name, position and contact information. (NOTE: The nominee should also be available to receive the award in Duluth during the Rural Health Hero Awards ceremony.)
Answer Two Questions
- In 200 words or less, please describe how this nominee is an emerging rural health leader, particularly in the areas of collaboration and outreach. Please focus on ways in which this nominee has provided exemplary leadership in bringing others together and reaching out regionally and/or statewide to strengthen rural health and health care. (20 possible points)
- In 200 words or less, please describe what the nominee has done to strengthen the health, health care or well-being of rural Minnesotans, particularly through advocacy. Please focus on ways in which this person has provided leadership in the area of rural health advocacy, particularly in ways that have a broader regional or statewide impact. (20 possible points)
Scoring and Deadline
40 total possible points – A panel of MRHA judges will review all nominations received by May 1st. The MRHA will notify the award winner by Friday, May 8th. The person with the highest overall score receives the Emerging Rural Health Leader Award plaque and a complimentary registration for the 2021 Minnesota Rural Health Conference.
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, May 1st
Nominations must be received by midnight Friday, May 1st. You may include two additional 8 ½ x 11 pages (such as letters of support and/or news articles). No videos or DVDs. All materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Questions? Contact Mark Jones at (218) 201-0098 or email@example.com.