Minnesota Rural Health Conference: Innovation & Transformation
The call for proposals is closed.
June 17-18, 2019
Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC)
We invite you to submit a proposal to present a breakout session at the 2019 conference. The conference has over 600 attendees annually. View the full Target Audience list on the home page.
- Increase readiness to engage in value-based models of care and payment
- Build on strategies to improve health outcomes for populations with diverse health needs
- Strengthen your ability to use data analytics to tell your story and measure success
- Discover successful community collaborations addressing health equity
- Expand awareness of effective methods enhancing behavioral and mental health access
- Explore a variety of workforce strategies to address current and future needs
- Foster relationships with rural health providers, students, educators, vendors and policymakers
All breakout session proposals should speak to at least one of the conference objectives listed above. Tell the story of how you are being innovative and transforming rural health care.
- Sessions are 60-minutes and should include time for introductions and audience Q&A
- Sessions may include PowerPoint presentations or panel discussions
- Sessions are limited to three speakers or panel members
Presentations that include a rural health care provider, student or a person working at a rural facility are preferred. Speakers listed as "to be determined" will not be considered for review. Please work with co-speakers to fully complete the proposal form by the due date. Please plan to keep your schedules clear for June 17 and 18, 2019 or let us know if you can only present on a certain day.
Choosing proposals from the many qualified entries received is always a challenge. Scoring is based on the following criteria:
- Does this presentation address the conference theme Innovation and Transformation?
- Does this proposal reflect any best practices, outcomes or impact?
- Does this proposal address a health equity issue?
- Will this presentation provide an engaging participant experience?
- Do any of the presenters have rural experience?
- Register and pay a reduced conference registration fee or apply for a registration scholarship.
- PowerPoint presentations must be submitted no later than May 24, 2019. Presentations are shared with participants electronically and posted on the conference website and conference app.
- Submit no more than one PowerPoint presentation per breakout session. If there are multiple speakers, combine your presentations.
- Follow the American with Disabilities Act requirements for formatting PowerPoint presentations and handouts. (Microsoft provides a guide to develop accessible PowerPoint presentations.)
- Follow copyright laws and regulations for photos and content.
The proposal review committee will select sessions and develop a conference program that is balanced by content and geography; to the extent possible, presenters will come from all regions of the state and represent diverse populations. The main contact person for each proposal submitted will be notified by February 28, 2019 regardless of being selected or not.
Submit a Proposal
The call for proposals is closed. The deadline to submit a session proposal was 9:00 a.m. Central Time, Friday, January 11, 2019.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or Keely Lonetto at (218) 216-7041.