June 17-18, 2019
Critical Access Hospital and Flex Advisory Committee Reimbursement
The Minnesota Department of Health, Office of Rural Health and Primary Care will cover reimbursement of conference registration for one day, one night’s lodging in Duluth at conference hotels, and travel for one representative from each Minnesota critical access hospital and each Flex Advisory Committee Member.
CAH and Flex Reimbursement Form (PDF 1 page)
2018 Minnesota Rural Health Conference Participants (PDF - 23 pages)
Join our Conference Mailing List
Make sure you're aware of important conference information by subscribing to receive email updates!
An RFP is sent out in November/December for breakout sessions. Sponsor, exhibitor and participant registration opens in April.
2018 Conference Objectives
During this conference participants will have the opportunity to:
- Explore approaches and models that improve and sustain rural health and address health equity
- Highlight best practices for quality improvement and financial sustainability
- Discover innovative community-based solutions for behavioral health access
- Network to gain knowledge of current and upcoming workforce shortages and initiatives
- Rural hospitals, long-term care, behavioral health, rural health clinics and community health center administrators, leaders, staff and volunteers
- Rural health professionals, including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, dentists, behavioral health providers, allied health professionals and educators
- Rural Health Advisory Committee members
- Rural Hospital Flexibility Committee members
- Rural network directors
- Elected and appointed officials, including county commissioners and state legislators
- Federal, state and local government and tribal health, public health and human service staff
- Policy analysts and researchers interested in rural health issues
- Health plan, accountable care organization representatives
- Community leaders and activists
- Rural health care consumers
- Health professions students
- Economic development organizations
- Extension services
- Schools and educators
- Other community partners in rural health
- Community members
CEU & CME Credits
In order to receive a certificate, a conference evaluation must be completed; The evaluation will be emailed out after the conference.
- Board of Pharmacy: This conference has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.25 Credits by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy.
- Nursing: This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 9.25 contact hours. However, the nurse is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
- ACHE: The National Rural Health Resource Center is authorized to award 9.25 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting an application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification.
- AAFP: This Live activity, Minnesota Rural Health Conference: Community the Heart of Health, with a beginning date of 06/25/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nursing Home Administrators: This conference has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.25 Credits by the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.
- Social Workers: This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Social Work continuing education requirements for 9.25 credit hours. However, the social worker is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
Reasonable accommodations are available (accessibility, dietary needs or sign language). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 216-7041.
2018 presentations can be found by clicking on the "Program" tab above. Then find the session and click on it to access the PDF presentation. They are also in the app.