June 25-26, 2018
Duluth Entertainment Convention Center
Join our Conference Mailing List
Make sure you're aware of important 2018 conference information by subscribing to receive email updates!
2017 Learning Objectives
The conference will provide the opportunity to:
- Discover approaches to improve and integrate mental health access in rural communities;
- Provide timely information on making value real for rural;
- Learn about supporting rural populations with best practices from around the state;
- Share community-based solutions to address health disparities and inequities; and
- Develop and access a network of colleagues, students and partners to support the rural workforce.
Over 600 people attended the 2017 conference, including:
- Rural hospital, long-term care, behavioral health, rural health clinic and community health center administrators, leaders, staff and volunteers
- Rural health professionals, including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, dentists, behavioral health providers, allied health professionals and educators
- Rural Health Advisory Committee (RHAC) members
- Rural Hospital Flexibility Committee (FLEX) members
- Elected and appointed officials including county commissioners and state legislators
- Federal, state and local government and tribal health, public health and human service staff
- Policy analysts and researchers interested in rural health issues
- Health plan representatives
- Community leaders and activists
- Rural health care consumers
- Health professions students
- Economic development organizations
- Extension services
- Schools and educators
- Other community partners in rural health
- Community members
Continuing Education Credits for the 2017 Conference
A CEU/CME certificate of participation will be emailed out upon completion of the online conference evaluation. Please complete the evaluation by July 17, 2017.
Board of Pharmacy
This conference has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.25 Credits by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy.
This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 9.25 contact hours. However, the nurse is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
The National Rural Health Resource Center is authorized to award 9.25 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit for this program toward advancement or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or recertification.
This Live activity, Minnesota Rural Health Conference: Shaping Sustainable Solutions, with a beginning date of 06/19/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.25 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Home Administrators
This conference has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 8.00 Credits by the Minnesota Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators.
This activity has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Social Work continuing education requirements for 9.25 credit hours. However, the social worker is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.